Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Happy first day of Autumn!! It was actually in the 60's here in Texas (well the suburban Dallas areas anyway)! It was such a treat. I thought it seemed quite fitting for the first day of Autumn. I won't get too excited though, as it is supposed to creep back up to the 80's by next week, I think I even saw one day was supposed to be around 90..so I guess this is just a tease of what is hopefully to come as we head into October. This is my favorite time of the year. One of my favorite things about the season: the smells! Cinnamon, Apple, Pumpkin, Clove, Nutmeg, Cider - I love it all! I had had (have) quite a bit of pumpkin leftover from when I made the Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, that I decided to make some Pumpkin Muffins, and it only seemed right to add in some chocolate chips. Don't you just love how well pumpkin and chocolate go together? If you like the combination, then you've got to try these muffins. I'm serious, make them tonight, and if you can't make them tonight, make them tomorrow. They are SO SO good!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Water
2 Eggs
1 2/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill half-way. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Insert a toothpick in to check for done-ness. If it comes out clean, then it is done. Remove to a wire rack and cool. This recipe should make 24 muffins.

5 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very moist and good. I love what pumpkin does for muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not keen on chocolate chip anything, but I do like the idea of pumpkin muffins. I can almost smell their spicy goodness from here! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't get enough of the pumpkin, yummy! and i love how cute you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin cookies! I lost my really good one so now I am looking for another good recipe. Do you happen to know of one? I am going to try your muffins until then...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all!